Case studies from Nexus Dialogue events
Nexus Dialogue has organized and participated in many events focusing on water-energy-food nexus. The following case studies were presented by participants of these nexus events. The case studies provide a base to explore the synergies and trade-offs between water, energy and food and help stakeholders making nexus-sensitive decisions in terms of planning, investments and regulations.
Nexus Dialogue Asia Workshop
Nexus Dialogue Central Asia Workshop
Nexus Dialogue Beijing Symposium
- China’s South to North water diversion project, climatic variation and human influence – Dr. Fang Dong, Senior Engineer, China Water Engineering Association
- China's water crisis exacerbated by coal development – Deng Ping, Greenpeace China
- How a PES supported forest restoration policy connected water-food-energy-evidence from the Conversion of Cropland to Forests Program in China – Xie Chen, China National Forestry Economics and Development Research Center, State Forestry Administration, Beijing
- U.S. perspectives on the water-energy-food nexus – Jordan Macknick, US National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Infrastructure development, food security and ways forward in the Mekong – Dr. Eric Baran, Senior Scientist, Worldfish, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Water-Energy-Food Nexus Analytical Framework and Applications – Bassel Daher, Research Associate Texas A&M University, USA
- Taking nexus into consideration: The multipurpose water uses of hydropower reservoirs – Emmanuel Branche, Senior Economist Engineer, Generation & engineering, Sustainable Development Department, Electricité de France
- The nexus and resource scarcity/security in the Amazon – Helen Bellfield, Global Canopy Programme, Oxford, U.K.
Nexus Dialouge sessions at the 7th World Water Forum